Looking for a quick and efficient home program to tone and speed up your metabolism?
The new 5×10 Program only takes 10 minutes five days a week.
5×10 Fitness Program. Start today!
A squat is a strength exercise in which the trainee lowers his or her hips from a standing position and then stands back up. During the descent of a squat, the hip and knee joints flex while the ankle joint dorsiflexes; conversely the hip and knee joints extend and the ankle joint plantarflexes when standing up.
Lunges For Beginners: How to do a Lunge the Right Way
- Start with one leg out in front of you at a comfortable distance where you can maintain your balance and be able to lower yourself down to perform the lunge.
- When you lower yourself, go as straight down as possible rather than moving forward.
- Keep the knee of your front leg behind the toes of your front foot.
30 Pilates Pointers
Pilates Pointer is a great exercise to work your core, lower back, hamstrings and glutes.
A great all round exercise. Remember to keep a neutral neck line.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold your arms at your sides and stand with your knees straight. Also, make sure to tighten your abs, keep your back flat, and squeeze your buttocks at the start of each burpee.
- Check your position in a mirror or ask a personal trainer for feedback if you are doing burpees at the gym.
- Bend at your hips and knees to lower yourself into a squatting position. Hinge forward with your hips and bend your knees slightly to bring your body down lower to the floor. Keep your back straight and your arms in close to your body as you do the exercise.
10 Push Ups
KNEE PUSH UP INSTRUCTIONS
Place the knees on the floor, the hands below the shoulders, and cross your feet.
Keeping your back straight, start bending the elbows until your chest is almost touching the floor.
Pause and push back to the starting position.
Repeat until the set is complete. Elbows slightly in.
Note: All information provided by Vita health and Fitness/Rocco Sorace is of a general nature. No information is to be taken as medical or other health advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. You agree that use of this information is at your own risk and hold Rocco Sorace or Vita health and Fitness harmless from any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims. We recommend you consult your doctor health care professional before deciding to change your diet or any new activity program. While the health and fitness industry continues to evolve and change, we have done all we can to check the accuracy of the information that appears within this article cannot be held responsible for any changes that may occur afterwards.
It is important to consider your diet and alcohol intake to achieve your fitness goals.
Here are a few tips to help you exceed your personal goal — SWAP IT!
Swap rice to cauliflower rice.
Swap pasta to low-carb slender slim pasta or zucchini noodles.
Swap alcohol to Kombucha during the week.
Swap your regular bread to low carb bread from Aldi.
For best results, incorporate these tips with my Pilates and Personal Trainer at Home workouts which you can download online.
Click the link below for more info