Growing up in Australia with Italian parents from the region of Calabria in southern Italy, Rocco experienced how important the good fresh veggies from the family veggie garden are. And more importantly how good food is the centre that brings family and friends together.
Watch Roccos Meatless Monday Recipes videos!
Easy Vegan Stuffed Peppers!
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 tablespoon of vegan red pesto
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tsp. dried chilli
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- fresh basil for garnish
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Remove the pulp and seeds from the inside.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuff peppers. Place peppers on a baking tray and spray olive oil on top.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Serve with steamed veggies or salad.
Easy Low Sugar Zucchini and Walnut Muffins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour or quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons of stevia
- 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegan choc protein powder
- 1 large egg substitute
- 1 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- 1 tablespoon of honey or rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the all ingredients.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 20-30 seconds.