Easy Healthy Zucchini & Sweet Potato Slice
Meal prepping is a must if you go to work, school or like to have healthy meals on hand at all times. Having healthy meals on hand will make your day and week run a lot smoother. This means you wont end up needing to purchase last-minute unhealthy fast food.
My slice works well either served hot or cold and makes the perfect work lunch. It would also work well with a salad on the side
Check out the Health Benefit.
The Health benefits of sweet potatoes including a protective role against prostate cancer, boosting immunity, and supporting vision.
9 Zucchini Nutrition Benefits
- High Source of Antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties that Can Improve Heart Health.
- High Source of Potassium.
- Help Improve Digestion.
- Low in Calories and Carbs.
- Helps Maintain Eye Health. .
- Good Source of Energizing B Vitamins.
- Can Help Control Diabetes.
- 3-4 cups (600g) grated zucchini (about 3 medium).
- 1 cup of sweet grated potato.
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms.
- 1 Red Onion Sliced.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 5 eggs.
- 1 1/4 cup (140g) almond meal
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of almond flour or gluten free flour
- Option. poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and line a 15 x 30 cm (6 x 12 inches) dish with baking paper.
Meanwhile, wash and grate the zucchini and sweet potato.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then stir through the almond meal, herbs, salt, pepper, oil and flour
Add the zucchini, potato, mushrooms, chilli and and mix well. The mixture should be just pourable.
- Optional. Add Poppy seeds on top of mixture.
Pour into the lined baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before slicing into small squares. The slice should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and will also freeze well.
- ENJOY 🙂