Low carb / keto buns
So so good… The best low carb bread you will ever eat! Just like the real thing, but without all the carbs. I’m not saying cut out all carbs. My Italian background will make it impossible to fully cut out Italian home-made pasta, bread and pizza. And to be honest, I don’t want to.
Like I advise to all my clients… it’s all about the balance.
* 1 1/2 cup almond meal
* 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 2 tsp cider vinegar
* 1 cup boiling water
* 3 egg whites
* 2 tbsp sesame or poppy seeds (and Italian herbs optional)
chopped olives, chopped red onion and Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
3. Moisten hands and make 6 pieces of the dough. Place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake on lower rack in the oven for 40 – 60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
5. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice.