These yummy burgers are my fabulous bean recipe– spicy, black and kidney bean and Chickpea patties, that aren’t mushy in the middle and hold their shape when cooked. They are vegan/egg/dairy free, high protein, contain one of your five a day and are really cheap to make too!
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 6 people Author Rocco Sorace – Mr Pilates Cook
- 100 g (1 cup) rolled buckwheat
- 1 400 g tin black beans very well drained
- 1 400 g tin kidney beans very well drained
- 400 g corn well drained, defrosted if frozen
- 1 can chickpeas 400 g drained
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ of Chopped Green Capsicum
- 1 chopped chilli
- 1 chopped red onion
- A handful fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp Coriander seeds seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- finely grated zest of 1 lime and juice of ½
- ¼ of grated carrot
- 1/2 of grated zucchini
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- Low Carb Cauliflower chilli and chives fried rice
- Fresh Guacamole
- Place the Chickpeas in a food processor and lightly blend. Add all of the other burger ingredients and pulse until everything is mostly finely chopped but not smooth. Roccos Tip You don’t want to over-process and end up with mush – keep some texture in those burgers!
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and shape each one into a patty using your hands and then coat patties in flour and season with coriander seeds . Place on a plate or tray lined with baking parchment.
- At this point the burgers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to a couple of days until you are ready to cook them.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers; preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Tip Fry the burgers for about two minutes per side until golden. Roccos Tip Don’t turn until you wait 2 minutes otherwise you will not seal the patties.
- Place the fried burgers on the prepared sheet and pop in the oven for around 12 minutes to cook through
Watch my quick video recipe link below
Enjoy and Happy Cooking
For more information on my online cookbooks or fitness workout downloads visit